- 500g ground beef
- 30g all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- 125mL water
- 10 hard taco shells
- 10 soft flour taco shells
- 100g cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a cold pan, thoroughly combine beef, flour, spices, and water.
- Flatten meat mixture to cover the bottom of pan.
- Without stirring, cook over high heat until the bottom of the meat is browned.
- Flip the meat (it doesn't matter if it breaks apart).
- Continue cooking until the side now facing down is browned.
- Reduce heat and cover, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat when cooked through.
- Place hard shells in the oven at 75°C.
- Top each soft shell with 10g cheddar.
- Heat a pan until water bubbles on contact.
- Place a soft shell into the pan.
- Spray water on the sides of the pan.
- Quickly cover the pan to trap steam.
- When the cheese has melted, lay a hard shell on its side, covering half of the soft shell.
- Fold the uncovered half of the soft shell over the hard shell, forming an even layering of soft
shell, cheese, hard shell.
- Repeat steps 4-8 for remaining shells.
Protip: You can try different flavors of doritos in place of the hard shell; the soft shell and cheese
will maintain taco integrity.